Welcome to INSTEAD wiki!
INSTEAD — INterpreter of Simple TExt ADventure. Using INSTEAD you can create and play adventure games that could be classified as a mix of visual novel and quest text, like well-known text-book games.
|License|| GNU GPL — source code, Creative Commons 3.0 BY — components
|Program components||C, Lua — engine, SDL — graphical interface|
|Language||Russian, English, Spanish, Italian, Ukrainian|
|Supported operating systems||Linux, Maemo, FreeBSD, Android, Windows, Windows Mobile, Mac OS X, Haiku, S60 3rd, GPH Caanoo|
|Last stable version||1.8.1 (19.11.2012)|
|Downloads||INSTEAD||Official games||NON-official games in Rus|
- Develop games using fairly simple scripting, object-oriented programming language Lua (Lua-based script);
- GUI and text (readline) interfaces;
- GUI interface supports music and pictures. Images can be made interactive: clicking the mouse on them in a particular area - the appropriate action;
- Theme support;
- Portability (INSTEAD depends on SDL and Lua);
- Support URQ-games with urq-module.