Topic: Constellation

Yesterday, was done the localisation of some light and unobtrusive game about the captain Kirkunov and his friends: first mate Morse, sergeaunt Dyushenkov and so on. Obviously game genre is sf-cranberry.
Also the game essentially linear, there are some fairly complex puzzles, non-linearity in the form of two slightly different endings is present.

I welcome your feedback and comments.
for normal game it's good if you use instead-1.8.0 or higher

Some screenshots.
http://storage6.static.itmages.ru/i/13/0113/s_1358023216_6653257_5efa51465e.png http://storage8.static.itmages.ru/i/13/0113/s_1358023286_6746708_353cc3ed8f.png http://storage9.static.itmages.ru/i/13/0113/s_1358023302_4230247_18f105a620.png

Download

Post's attachments

Attachment icon instead-constellation-0.3.3.zip 1.93 mb, 159 downloads since 2013-01-13 

Qui habet aures audiendi, audiat...

Re: Constellation

Hi,

I tried it a little (just the first chapter by now) and it seems to be very interesting, as sci-fi is the best genre of all, IMO. However, there is not all the stuff as the Russian version (beautiful, by the way). Maybe someday, somehow, who knows? But it is already a considerable effort translating such a big work. Good job.

Thanks,
Ramon.

Nossa primeira responsabilidade é com a observação de nós mesmos, dos nossos próprios caprichos. Só na ausência de ego é possível observar o outro com isenção.

This is my first experience in the "instead" and perhaps not the best. Translation is also far from perfect. Do not be too critical. smile

Not my intent at all, buddy!

I really mean it is a huge effort translating such work and I do comprehend the trouble you bought, since I am a translator myself. I indeed translate from English, Spanish and Italian into Portuguese, my native language, but I do not even try doing so the other way around (from Portuguese into any of these languages) except for my own use, of course. Also, Italian and Spanish are not that different from Portuguese, being romance languages as well. And neither is English actually, for historic reasons. On the other hand, Russian seems to be so distinct in every aspect that I am amazed you even tried. Anyway the job is not bad at all, specially for a first experience. I hope it is not the last.

Regards.

Nossa primeira responsabilidade é com a observação de nós mesmos, dos nossos próprios caprichos. Só na ausência de ego é possível observar o outro com isenção.

I wrote new game, "Constellation 2: flying into the abyss", but now the game is only in Russian. I'll do the English interface for the next weekend and you'll be able to try the game. You want to do a translation into Portuguese?  smile

Yeah, man, sure!

Is the first game also yours? That's great! If you need some help with English, just ask. If I know, I'll be pleased to help. I was thinking in translating the "Returning of the Quantum Cat", but that can wait. I prefer a joint venture sometimes than working all by myself. In fact I've writing a fantasy with two friends of mine and I intend using it as an inspiration for a textual game someday. It is actually a trilogy and we have finished just the first volume by now. We are giving some time to each other for a while. It is also too big to a feasible game, at least to the extent of my actual capabilities in this field anyway. However, I have some other ideas we can talk about anytime, if you want. The e-mail I registered is barely a working one and I really don't check it so often. You can use my personal one at dellaqia_@_gmail_dot_com.

до свидания
Ramon

I just downloaded this game today I look forward to playing it. I like the science fiction genre.

THANK YOU for all your efforts and for the localisation to ENGLISH.

big_smile