Topic: Portuguese translation

Hi,

I have translated some files of the program to my language and would liked to share they here. By now, just the "Tutorial", the "Dive into Instead" game, and the "ini file". I debugged the first and the second ones, and both are working good (even though some English structures seemed a little abstruse to me and some parts of the games are rather versions than proper translations). The ini file, however, I could not debug because the program did not see it when I tried to put the file into the proper folder. I think there is some other setting anywhere that I am not aware about. Probably at the game file. I intend to create my own games anytime, of course, but do not know how difficult would be such intent, since I am not a programmer and the Lua language seems to be a bit complicated. Not so much the explained games. The "Tutorial" and the "Dive into Instead" are great for beginners, thanks. But what about the intermediate level games, and the advanced ones? It would be amazing if there would be some intermediate and advanced tutorials anytime. In the Tutorial game I used the flag of my country, Brazil, and not the flag of Portugal, even if the name of the language is "Portuguese" and not "Brazilian". There are just two variants of the language, strictly speaking, as all others lusophone (португалоязычный or португалоговорящий) country except Brasil uses the European variant. However, there are more Brazilian speakers in the world than are at all others lusophone country combined. So, in many programs everywhere our flag is used to represent the language and that is somewhat embarrassing for Portuguese people, understandably, but economic interests apart there are not prejudice in most cases. Just like North-Americans using their flags the same way. Since I did the job and the variants are different indeed, I believe it is fair enough.

My suggestions for themes names are: Ártico; Acerado; Cristal; Fantasia; Original; Padrão; Amplo

PS. The Russian words came from http://www.wordsense.eu/Lusophone/ (I know nothing about that language and my intent was simply clarify, cause the word they are supposed to translate is not so common).

Best regards,
Ramon Dellaqia.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon pt-BR.7z 13.27 kb, 161 downloads since 2013-06-04 

Nossa primeira responsabilidade é com a observação de nós mesmos, dos nossos próprios caprichos. Só na ausência de ego é possível observar o outro com isenção.

Re: Portuguese translation

Hello, Ramon.

Great! I think, Peter (the main INSTEAD developer) will really appreciate your work. He is on vacation for now and he will return in the end of June. I guess he'll integrate your translations then.

By the way, how will it be "Escape The Toilet!" in Portuguese?  lol Just curious. How about to translate this game to Portuguese?  cool Oh, I don't insist. Just trolling a bit. Anyway you are welcome to translate it if you like this game. I can help you with the code. smile Just advertising.

Hi, vpodobaev.

That is terrific! We wait for him, then. Oh, boy!, it would be "Fuga do Banheiro", if you intend to be literal and not elusive enough. If not, it could be something like "Escapada da Privada", my choice of course! But, I do not know if you would like it so much... 'Cause it is too elusive, perhaps, and can suggest something a little dirty like "Cagada na Privada" something like "crapping in latrine"  lol  Just kidding!

Frankly, I don't know yet how serious you are about your game. Anyway, it would be delightful translating it into my language, and many other games too, provided that I can do it for fun in my spare time and it does not become some sort of obligation. I do many things with my time, that is not so much after all, and have to manage between working for eating and wandering for living. I'm a wanderer, pal, literally and ideally.

I will play the game anytime soon and see what I find. Your help with the code and with anything else is very welcome, although I think like doing nothing with the code itself, just with the text as it is necessary in order to translate it. Did I misunderstand what you've said? Anyway, this game seems to be huge, is it not? That was why I did not consider it for translating right now. Regarding some ideas I want to put in practice by myself soon, I have to learn more about the system and definitively could use some help in coding.

спасибо
Ramon

Nossa primeira responsabilidade é com a observação de nós mesmos, dos nossos próprios caprichos. Só na ausência de ego é possível observar o outro com isenção.

Ramon. Of course - no obligations! Do it if you want and if you have time and wish. There's no need for you to edit code. If you translate the English statements to Portuguese and send them to me (vpodobaev_at_mail_dot_ru) - that will be nice. But you should play it first - to "dive in the Toilet". smile Of course - only if you want to play it and if you like it.
I'm going on vacation too till the 23th of June.

So be it, vpodobaev, as soon as possible!

Good vacation!

Hello, dellaqia!!! Thank you for work! I wil upload your changes to svn soon.