Topic: Kayleth 0.4 in English and Russian

Ladies and gentelmen! We are glad  to introduce first INSTEAD game both in English and Russian! Here it is: Kayleth 0.4!
Please, read more here: http://instead.syscall.ru/2011/02/kayle … d-russian/

Re: Kayleth 0.4 in English and Russian

Hi Peter,

I downloaded the English version to my Android phone. I can start the game and get the initial "Your awareness..." screen, but no image an dI have no keywords to click or anything. In short: I'm sortof stuck here... Help? sad

Willem wrote:

I can start the game and get the initial "Your awareness..." screen, but no image an dI have no keywords to click or anything.

It's kinda strange. There should be "Next" link.
By the way, "...your awareness..." is a second initial screen. That means that first "Next" link is working. This is a VERY strange. Could you make a screenshot?

Tested it with 1.5.0 on LG Optimus One.
All works fine...

OK, I restarted the Game, selected the English language, seen the big splash (title) screen, clicked "Main menu", read the version-screen, selected "About original game", read it, selected "Back to main menu", and selected "Start game". Then I see and read the "Nightmare" story, ending in e "Next" link, which I click. Then I get to the "..." screen, telling me about the 340 a.k. and blurred images, showing me another "Next" link.
Next I see the Conveyor belt screen with "Get up", "claws" and a menu on the right side...

Of course I fail to get myself off the belt and get killed, after which I see the "Your awareness" screen again, without the menu or any link. Thinking again, maybe this is just what was intended... I'm dead, right? So I have to restart the game, right? So there's no use in any further links or menu...  sad

Downright silly of me!!  tongue  I'M DEAD!  lol

6 (edited by Punkroku 2013-08-19 21:49:11)

It took me a while to figure out that you can click on the white text get up and also if you die you can click at the bottom right (icon with 4 horizontal bars)  to go to the instead options. It would be nice if you could right click to go to options.

I know the thread is 2yrs old... I thought it would be helpful to know escape brings up the options menu. I post a minor update to kayleth. Couple xact.lua bugs with has to do with exam = 'blah {some iobj}' in xact.lua to fix had to remove {} brackets in exam functions. Also bug with erroneous text "That's Impossible" when no string printed our returned on use.

7 (edited by Punkroku 2013-08-23 14:01:16)

I beat it and I liked it! big_smile

I changed some parts and fixed a bug. added pictures and death in space if you change your cartridge.

Here is the upload. I am learning lua so if someone looks over the code it would be nice. Search for keyword MODIFYD to find the code changes.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon kayleth_patchEng.zip 258.64 kb, 126 downloads since 2013-08-23