Topic: Example InnoSetup script for Windows game installers
The attached zip archive includes several files:
1) cat_setup.iss, oldstory_setup.iss -- installer source code examples
2) installer_code.inc -- shared source code used by installers
3) installer_msgs_en.inc, installer_msgs_ru.inc -- installer locallization files. Which of them to use is determined by the second last line of installer code, e.g.
First of all you need to download and install IsPack (InnoSetup build that includes script editor, compiler and preprocessor).
To create installers in languages other than English or Russian you can create additional localization file, translate messages to your language and specify InnoSetup message file for this language in [Languages] section, e.g.
[Languages] Name: es; MessagesFile: compiler:Languages\Spanish.isl
The complete list of language files supported by InnoSetup can be found in
"<IsPack Installation Directory>\Languages\"
To build an installer you can follow these steps:
1) Create the installer source file (*.iss) for your game using oldstory_setup.iss as an example
2) Put this file, installer_code.inc file and appropriate localization file to the directory your game directory located in (e.g. "<INSTEAD>\games"), or put your game directory next to all those files.
3) Open your .iss file with IsTool or Inno Setup Compiler and click "Compile".
Questions and suggestions are welcome.